1) One nice thing about life being almost too stressful for me to handle is that I unintentionally unplug from all Internet things in a desperate attempt to just survive life. Don't go picturing me sipping cocoa whilst reading classics surrounded my loving offspring, don't picture anything very peaceful or quiet for that matter. It's accidental and I miss ye old blog, and Instagram, and adult interaction. Ok you get it.
2) Following my last post I fell down the rabbit hole of scouring Craigs list for couches and hot glue gunning all the things I could find that could be hot glue gunned. We found couches AND a dining set that actually fits our entire family plus guests and I spent last Saturday evening helping Mike move furniture, which my embarrassingly weak muscles are just now recovering from. I had the brilliant idea to make and glue gun little curtains (and bed spreads, pillows and table cloths. Yikes) to the girls doll house...
Then I took it one step further and staged a family photo of their wooden doll family, framed it and glue gunned it to the doll house living room wall. I have serious problems.
3) We've had some weird virus going through our house which only causes a fever and nothing else, but the fevers are scary high and Lucy's has already resulted in one ER visit. Of course by the time we got there the previously administered Tylenol had finally kicked in and they sent her home with the advice "keep up with the Tylenol!" Money well spent right there.
4) Joe had the high fever last week just in time for thanksgiving, but that didn't stop us from celebrating, or more accurately it didn't stop me from taking my glue gun to as many random table decorations as was possible and drinking mulled wine all day.
5) In keeping with my bad liturgical living I erected our Christmas tree the very day after thanksgiving and let the kids watch Christmas movies the entire weekend.
You see those pine cone decorations? I found a tree downtown with loads of pine cones under it and went to town filling bags like a crazy lady, then spray painted them gold and then (wait for it...) glue gunned them together and glue gunned a bow on them. I'm the Gayle Waters-Waters of the glue gun.
6) Fred turned 5 months some time after I last posted and I've staged several photo shoots in an attempt to get a good one for an 8x10 to frame and hang. Which do you vote for?
I say #2
7) I'm off to attempt a lunch time hot cocoa party to boost the morale of the troops, wish me luck. Happy Advent!